“I am honoured and humbled by the confidence our members have shown in me,” Roberts said. “We’ve fought together to save our public pensions and I’m glad to lead CUPE Alberta into the next round of negotiations with the province.”
Roberts was acclaimed to her position.
A former laboratory technician in a wastewater treatment plant in Medicine Hat, Roberts became active in CUPE in 1986. After 10 years of activism, she became president of CUPE Local 46 in 2000.
She was first elected President of CUPE Alberta in 2011 and again in 2013. Roberts was elected General Vice-President of CUPE’s National Executive Board in 2013.
“I am grateful to the delegates and our members across Alberta for their support,” Roberts said. “Together, we are stronger!”
Also elected or re-elected today:
- Kim Storebo, General Vice President – South
- Scott Cush, Recording Secretary
- David Graham, Regional Vice President
- Charles (Dustin) Withers, Young Workers Vice President
- Alternate Area Vice Presidents:
- Sonny Kalynchuk, Edmonton
- Bob Anderson, Calgary
- Kathy Larson , Northeast
- Joan Keough, Red Deer
- Michelle Lovin, Northwest
- Esther Rodzinyak, Lethbridge
- Morgan (Sam) Ferrier, Medicine Hat
- Danielle Danis, Fort Murray
- Mark Langlois, Three-year Trustee
For more information, please contact:
David Loan, 613-301-7468